The original URL for this blog post was:
Since I no longer work for Microsoft, I have copied it here in case that blog ever goes away.
By now you’ve undoubtedly noticed that the MSDN blogs have been cut over to the upgraded system. Things are obviously a little unstable right now, but hopefully over the next several hours, things will calm down and we’ll get back to normal.
So far, I’ve observed a number of issues, such as intermittent failed HTTP requests, CSS style issues, and missing images on my blog posts. Oh, and, of course, the fact that all of the blog posts that I created after May 14th have disappeared ;-)
To make things at least somewhat tolerable for the short term – at least from a styling perspective – I’ve removed all of my custom CSS rules. I’ll add the appropriate CSS rules back once things have settled down with the upgrade.
I’m crossing my fingers that my new blog posts created over the past couple of weeks (and everyone else’s, of course) will “magically” reappear after the MSDN support team performs some kind of “differential” restore of the content. I didn’t receive any e-mails indicating that we would need to re-enter any new blog posts after a specific date, so I’m certainly hoping this is the case. [Fortunately, if it turns out that we do, in fact, have to resubmit our new posts, then at least I can go back to my copies stored in TFS.]
Thank you for your patience.